Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, October 05, 2014

I'm Back

Has it really been over a year and a half since I blogged? Life sure has a funny way of turning out. Never really what is expected or .....wanted for that matter. So what have I been up to? Currently I live in a tiny rented room that I call my dorm room with two men whom I am getting to know.,,,very New Girl but probably not as funny. What are some of my new hobbies and interest? Cooking! One of my roomies is a chef in Seattle and currently opening up a brewery so I am getting loads of insight on how to cook quickly and with simple ingredients but with the most amazing results.
First lesson....when cooking at home always, and I mean always have a drink in hand. "No problem" This was actually my first lesson and it does make the whole feeling insecure about cooking diminish, well at least lessen it a bit. So what shall I show you how to make? My first "food" lesson was Tomato sauce. Just three main ingredients with a twist.
We'll get back to this recipe..,I promise! But for now a little life update.

Where did my house go and where is my family?
Hmmm good question.
Funny story: Late June of 2013 my husband went for a walk and didn't return for a month. No, it was not some charity walk across the United States but quite possibly a Forest Gump "finding" of himself ~ instead of jogging he took a long walk and then a longer drive and drove to California, found a small place to stay and decided that our 23 year marriage was over. Why the sudden life decision? Very simply he was caught cheating (again) and because my son was the one that caught him he was scared and ran. The Funny part of the story is that I was the last to know. My son walked in on him on a Thursday, He went for his walk on Friday, and finally called me on Sunday to tell me what happened. He returned a month later minus his wedding ring telling me that he is moving on...I looked around for someone to explain it all to me because in my mind we still needed to talk about things and see if there was a possibility for us to work things out. As I left that bar in shock a man stopped us and asked if we were having a meeting about getting a divorce; It was pretty much a scene from Jerry Springer. That was 1-1/2 years ago and in that time I had to keep living; my son graduated from high school, my daughter was starting her last year of college and I had to start figuring out what my new life would be. Although it isn't clear where this life will lead me, I am enjoying the journey; the small joys and the person I am finding within myself.
Next post: Tomato sauce and home made pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Wow and whoa! It sounds like crazy stuff happened, but you still lived life and I'm sure were a great mom as well. Good luck in your new journey dear!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.