Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer to do

Summer~time fun.


Nothing beats a hot sunny day at the beach. With summer just about over it was time to get all my To-Dos checked off. One of the items on my list requires a bit of balance (which I don't have) so I had not ventured out to try it but with summer coming to an end and my curiosity at a all time high I convinced my husband to take me paddle boarding. 



With stinky rental life jacket and all I decided to start off like a kayak and just sit on it. 
My first feeling.....Um I am a bit sea sick. I quickly put the thought out of my head and sat up on my knees.
It was a beautiful day out, probably 85 degrees with just a light breeze. 
As I attempted to stand up....let me paint you a picture of the awkwardness of it all....
First I decided that I had better get my feet in the right position so I wouldn't have to move them at all once I stood up. So here I am in my bikini squatting like I was taking a pee out in the woods. You would think that I would quickly rise from this stance as it was uncomfortable as well as unattractive but NOOOO I could quite get my balance and ended up squatting there way too long. Slowly I pushed myself up with the occasional scream and unknown sounds that probably only a seal could understand. Once up I start to share my joy and triumph with my husband only to realize he had left me far behind and I am talking to some stranger who was watching me in amusement from his boat. NICE!





We went out for about an hour. During that time I only fell once while trying to take a picture, not bad at all. 
Next time we'll rent them for 2 hours so we can enjoy the scenery a bit more. We both had a blast and would love to buy some boards plus its a great workout, my thighs can contest to that.
Have you checked all of your Summer~time to do's?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! We've been wanting to do this.. just haven't had the opportunity.

    (I know what you're saying about those rental items.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well check you out lady! Hmm, I've never tried this before, but I can imagine what a great work out it is for the legs and arms!

    Hope you have a great week!
    x.o.x.o
    p.s love the new look of the blog too, I noticed you're using one of my fave fonts for Twitter/Pinterest! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYYY to paddleboaring - LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    unfortunatly i haven't checked off all my summer-to-do's -- this summer has gone by WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of fun! I would have been terrified and have terrible balance, but would totally try it!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos, looks like so much fun! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like it has been a good summe r:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun pics.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.