Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, June 08, 2012

Schools out for summer

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

Really I am not referring to the song by Alice Cooper. Today was my son's last day of his Sophomore year. Where does the time fly? I think back to his first day of preschool when I was able to assist the class at least once a week (he only attended 3 days a week back then) All the way til his 7th grade year I made my rounds volunteering in the class, lunchroom or library. I adored getting a peak at his day and meeting all his classmates.  My time at the school slowly fazed out and my frequent visits ended and now I barely recognize the kids I use to help cut and glue. Of course some look the same but others have grown into mini adults; holding themselves with confidence, grace, and knowledge. My son is one of those boys. Although I like to tease and describe him as my baby giraffe; 6'2 long and lean with an awkwardness that only a mother notices. To all he is a confident, funny, gracious young man who stands by his friends and his values. Almost 16- what will this summer bring? I am so excited to find out. 

Happy Weekend.






5 comments:

  1. They grow up soooo fast! I have one still in college and another that's already done. Each time period has wonderful moments. Enjoy every second :)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog! I’m following you!
    Follow back?

    http://spicetime.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...such a sweet post and yay to summer:) Have a beautiful day, my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady, I just moved to Seattle! Bella to Bella, what a small bloggy world. There's a Seattle Bloggers group on Facebook. Are you on FB? Find me! /citizenrosebud

    bella@thecitizenrosebud.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey - how time flies, but seriously - how is it that you totally don't look a day over 35 gorgeous lady and you have a son who's already 16! Eek!

    I still remember my entering college days! I was so excited... Before you know it he'll be at Uni and graduating!

    I hope you guys have a wonderful summer!
    x.o.x.o
    p.s you gotta hook up with Bella of CR - she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.