Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, March 09, 2012

MMHL Tip #7 Apple of my .....skin

Tip #7-Apple of my....skin Comes from a wonderful Blog that I have just recently discovered, Delighted Momma. Lindsay is a mom and a licensed esthetician who now shares her knowledge with the rest of us folk. I love all her weekly tips and recipes for homemade mask, cleaners, and the occasional treat. I saw this post of the amazing benefits of Apple vinegar and thought this could easily be a small change I make this month. 
Apple cider vinegar has wonderful oral benefits too but today I am only going to share the topically benefits. 
The benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar when applied topically are:
  • It is rich in Alpha Hydroxy acids which help dissolve fatty deposits on the skin, which appear as little flakes or dry patches
  • Helps balance the PH of your skin
  • Because of the high amount of Alpha Hydroxy Acid it contains, apple cider vinegar can also help lighten sun and age spots
  • Wonderful spot treatment for blemishes
To use apple cider vinegar topically for acne:
  • Do a skin test first to make sure your skin is not too sensitive. Place a small amount on your neck and leave it on for 15 minutes. If you do not see any reaction then you can apply it directly to your face.
  • To start, dilute 1 part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water. If you can handle this after a week you can decrease the water ratio. If you feel it is too strong for your skin increase the water ratio.
  • Using a clean cotton ball or q-tip dab the solution onto the affected area and leave on for about 20 minutes then rinse off. This should be repeated 2-3 times a day until the acne clears.

For more information and to check out Lindsay's Blog go to Delighted Momma

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I may try this, though when the post loaded I thought it might be about the cider vinegar/honey tonic that cleanses the blood and can make you feel like a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri
    I have not heard of the tonic you mentioned but definitely going to look it up, thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I had no idea that apple cider vinegar was good for acne!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://styleblenderla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.