Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

MMHL -Tip #4 I scream you scream we all scream for sugar free Ice Cream

 How can we really be expected to maintain small healthy changes without the occasionally treat? I know that restricting myself is a huge reason I usually fail at losing weight so as I said before....this  time around will be about balance. I found a wonderful recipe that gives my sweet tooth something to be excited about while keeping my "whole life" plan still on track.
 Berry Blender Soft Serve as seen here.

Serves 2
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup skim milk (or, almond, soy, etc.)
  • 1 frozen banana (I have started freezing them in halves instead of small chunks; the blender can take it and it’s just easier!)
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries (you can really use any type of frozen fruit)
  • Optional: 1/4 cup granulated sugar or 2 packets of Truvia sugar substitute. (to taste depending on the type you use).
  • Optional: Whey protein powder with either a berry or plain flavor
  • Optional: Benefiber 
 Directions:
  • Add all the ingredients into your high-powered blender ( I use my Ninja) in the order listed and blend for about a minute until the mixture is soft serve consistency. You may have to scrape down the sides once to make sure everything is fully incorporated. The longer you blend, the thicker it will get.
  • Serve and enjoy!
  • You can also freeze it for a couple hours to get a more frozen ice cream consistency.
  • I have made this recipe a number of times and love it. Super simple but super yummy. I add just 1 packet of sweetener which gives it a tart but sweet taste. I prefer it right after blending; it is smooth and just like soft serve ice cream. 
Nutrition:
Honestly, there is no ice cream you can buy that has this good of a nutritional profile. With just three ingredients, it’s about as good as it gets!
For one serving without protein powder or sugar.
image

Disclaimer: I am not a dietitian, I am only relaying information I have found to be beneficial to me. Please consult a doctor before starting any health program. 

5 comments:

  1. If I wasn't eating ice cream while reading this post, I would totally be craving some.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe sounds super delicious and I am totally trying it. Thanks, sweetie. Btw: I also think, that healthy diet is all about balance. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one! I'll definitely try this.
    I wish it wasn't so late here or I'd be making it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the smoothies we've made at home come out this thick! I've also been known to eat a half avocado, perfectly ripe, for an acceptable ice cream substitute. I think it's the creaminess factor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like the addition of Benefiber - nice!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.