- 1 cup skim milk (or, almond, soy, etc.)
- 1 frozen banana (I have started freezing them in halves instead of small chunks; the blender can take it and it’s just easier!)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (you can really use any type of frozen fruit)
- Optional: 1/4 cup granulated sugar or 2 packets of Truvia sugar substitute. (to taste depending on the type you use).
- Optional: Whey protein powder with either a berry or plain flavor
- Optional: Benefiber
- Add all the ingredients into your high-powered blender ( I use my Ninja) in the order listed and blend for about a minute until the mixture is soft serve consistency. You may have to scrape down the sides once to make sure everything is fully incorporated. The longer you blend, the thicker it will get.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also freeze it for a couple hours to get a more frozen ice cream consistency.
- I have made this recipe a number of times and love it. Super simple but super yummy. I add just 1 packet of sweetener which gives it a tart but sweet taste. I prefer it right after blending; it is smooth and just like soft serve ice cream.
Honestly, there is no ice cream you can buy that has this good of a nutritional profile. With just three ingredients, it’s about as good as it gets!
For one serving without protein powder or sugar.
Disclaimer: I am not a dietitian, I am only relaying information I have found to be beneficial to me. Please consult a doctor before starting any health program.