Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, March 05, 2012

MMHL -Tip #3 Supplement me

March is all about small changes to improve my overall health and hopefully lose a few pounds and build muscle while I am at it. This month I'll talk about many different types of supplements we can use to improve our life but this one is probably my most favorite. I've never been big on taking pill, I don't even take an aspirin when I have a headache so supplements have always been a bit hard to swallow (pun  intended) 
One of the ways I have been able to get my daily dose of vitamins and greens is by using a powder mix that I can blend for a morning smoothie. 
I get this at GNC near my home and pay around 37.00 for a month supply. It is a meal replacement, supplement and also gives you a ton of veggies.

ADVANCED NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT FOR MEN AND WOMEN
  • Green foods multivitamin and mineral formula.
  • Contain 7 premium superfood based blends.
  • Supports heart health with 2 grams of omega fatty acids.*
  • Provides 1,600 IU of vitamin D-2 for enhanced calcium absorption.
  • Promotes healthy digestion with 5 grams of dietary fiber.*
  • Fuels energy production with B-vitamins.
I admit the first time I drank it I was not very fond of the taste but after tweaking the preparation I don't even notice it. I blend 8 oz of water, 2 scoops of the mega green mix, and 12 pieces of ice (my hubby adds a half of banana). It is filling and if you are like me and love smoothies this just might be a perfect match for you. Unfortunately, foods are not as nutritional as they use to be. The food pyramid was even revised and now includes 3x more fruits and vegetables than in the 50's this tells me that most of us are not getting enough of the minerals and superfoods we need to function like we should. This is an easy change and doesn't cost an arm or a leg, you actually might save money by not buying that morning starbucks and muffin. And after drinking these morning smoothies for a little over a week I have noticed that my skin has not been breaking out and I am much more regular than I have ever been in my life. 

Disclosure: I am not a dietitian and am only reporting on products that I have found beneficial to me. Please consult a doctor to see if it is right for you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation and reminder to eat more vegetables! I incorporate so many more vegetables into our diet now and it can be hard, but definitely worth it!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get to GNC asap for a bottle of this! Thanks for the info! I know I DO NOT get enough nutrients as I should.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also the same, I don't do powder/pill popping, but vitamins where needed is essential. I'm trying to cut out or rather reduce the intake of meat, but my body isn't adjusting too well!

    Keep going lovely! I'm also keen on building muscle and toning up. Vitality is so important!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lila, you won the Frances + Fils giveaway! I will email you! xo

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.