Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, March 15, 2012

MMHL Tip #11 - Savory foods

Tip #11 -Savory foods.

Penne With Tomato Pesto and Smoked Mozzarella: Serves 4
Can you just say YuM and don't you just love comfort food on a rainy day? The trick to this dish is the strong flavor of the tomatoes and the added almonds; because of the rich flavors of the tomato you feel satisfied faster and the almonds have been shown to block fat absorption. This is my perfect rainy day comfort food....smoked mozzarella + pasta = LOVE

 INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup almonds
2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
12 sun-dried tomato halves
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 lb smoked mozzarella, diced
1/2 lb whole-wheat penne

PREPARATION: In a small pan over medium heat, toast almonds until golden brown, 5 minutes. In a food processor, pulse almonds, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and oil until slightly chunky. Pour into a bowl; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add mozzarella; toss to combine. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and toss immediately with pesto.

THE SKINNY: 401 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated), 49 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein

The hubby and I made this recipe last week. I think it had too much parsley but the hubby thought it was the perfect amount. It is light and filling with a great taste. Enjoy.

Update: Okay so today I weighed myself. I know I wasn't going to do it until the end of the month but I am just NOT that patient. So without watching what I am eating...last night I had a meatloaf sandwich with cheetos, and last week I didn't even work out I have LOST 2.4 Pounds. So something must be working. I know that I am much more regular and that can only help my body function better and I feel less stressed even though I am dealing with some serious family health concerns. I hope you have adopted a few of these tips into your life. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sweetie,

    Just wanted to thank you for having such an inspirational blog. Hope you have an amazing week full of lots of beautiful things.
    Feel free to drop past my blog if you have time =)

    -Mia xoxo
    http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/
    http://mias101challenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-zero-project.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks hearty and soooo good. I bet it would be good with whole grain pasta too! xo

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.