Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MMHL- Tip #10 Essential oils

Tip #10 Essential oils.
Moving towards a more healthy existence has made me rethink chemically enhanced fragrance. Although I don't think I'll give up the bottle of Chloe I just purchased I have wondered what essential oils could do for my skin. I'll work on the whole perfume thing later....


A number of people I have recently spoke to have changed up their regular moisturizers for essential oils mixed in carrier oil like almond oil, wheatgerm, and the one I bought, Peach Kernel oil. I decided that I, being a lover of beauty products, couldn't give up on all my regular serums and moisturizers but I could create a oil for stretchmarks and see what type of results I get.
My combination: 
1 oz Peach kernel oil
2 dashes of Almond oil
3 drops of frankincense essential oil
3 drops of mandarin essential oil

I used it for the first time last Sunday and love how it absorbs into my skin easily leaving a mild citrus scent, which is much better than the Mederma with lemon scent I have been using. I have always been a bit wary about using chemicals near my breast where I have the most stretchmarks so my homemade version takes that uneasiness of applying it daily away. I'll keep a close eye on the results and let you know in a week or two hows it going.

Best Therapeutic Essential Oils For The Face;

 If interested in making your own skin or body care take a peak at this site where I found all the below recipes. 


To Firm Skin:

3 drops Frankincense plus 2 drops Mandarin
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Wheatgerm Oil

Or

2 drops rose 2 drops Lavender and 1 drop Neroli
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Wheatgerm Oil

To Improve Texture:

3 drops Violet and 2 drops Lemongrass
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Evening Primrose Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

Or

2 drops Sandalwood 2 drops Geranium and 1 drop Rose
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Wheatgerm Oil

Moisturizer For Night Time:

2 drops Frankincense and 2 drops Myrrh
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Wheatgerm Oil

Light Homemade Facial Moisturizers

For Oily Skin:

2 drops each of Juniper Berry and Cedarwood
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

Or

2 drops each of Geranium and Lavender plus 1 drop ofCypress
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

For Combination Skin:

2 drops each of Lemongrass and Rosemary
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sweet Almond Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

Or

1 drop of Petitgrain and 2 drops each of rose and Lavender
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sweet Almond Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

For Sensitive Skin:

2 drops of Marigold and 3 drops Rosemary
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Peach kernel Oil and 1 teaspoon of Wheatgerm Oil

Or

2 drops each of Chamomile and Jasmine plus 1 drop Sandalwood
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Jojoba Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

For Shallow Skin:

3 drops Orange and 2 drops Rosemary
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Jojoba Oil and 1 teaspoon of Wheatgerm Oil

Or

2 drops each of Lavender and Ylang Ylang plus 1 drop Geranium
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

To Treat Acne:

3 drops Bergamot and 2 drops Lavender
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

Or

2 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

To Clear Black Heads:

2 drops each of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Avocado Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

Or

2 drops each of Lavender and Geranium plus 1 drop Lemon
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sunflower Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

For A Daytime Homemade Facial Moisturizer:

2 drops of Violet and 3 drops Rose
Blended in 1 fl oz /6 teaspoons (30ml) Sweet Almond Oil and 1 vitamin E capsule

4 comments:

  1. I have been sampling almond oil on my face this winter...and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri -I have started to use the oil on my face too, try adding some essential oils to it for added benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that rosehip oil is really good for stretchmarks! I use it on my face, but don't really like the smell, so it's just a nightttime thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,
    Rosehip oil is a great oil for dry skin. It helps wrinkles and regenerates the skin. If you have stretchmarks I would add Neroli essential oil to the rosehip or use avocado oil with Neroli. Neroli has a nice scent and the Pure avocado shouldn't have a strong smell at all.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.