Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, March 01, 2012

March Madness (MMHL) - Tip #1- Tea with me

Today March madness begins, if you're just tuning in check out my post from yesterday. It explains what and why I am sharing tips for a happy and healthy life. One tip each weekday - Don't miss out!

Tip #1 Tea with me.

Easy, small changes seem to be the only way I am going to be able to sustain healthy lifelong changes. What could be more easy than drinking? No -not a hard to mix cocktail that requires expensive kitchen gadgets...the first change is TEA.

Drinking certain teas at certain times offer a wide array of benefits; besides the benefits that I will outline below, drinking more tea gives your body the hydration you may be lacking.


  • Morning: Pu erh Tea
  • Benefits include: Stimulates weight loss and aids in weight reduction by speeding up the metabolism. Promotes vasular health. Soothes digestion. Boosts Immune System. 
  • Buy it at a tea shop for around $7.00 for 12 pieces. 

Lunch time: White Tea
Benefits include: Full of antioxidants. Support healthy skin and complexion. detoxification and body hydration. Blocks fat absorbtion. 
Buy it at the regular grocery store for around $6.00/ box (I purchased decaf white tea at Albertsons for $5.00 and loose tea leaves at Worldmarket for $9.99

Afternoon: Chickweed Tea
Benefits include: Reduce bloating and acts as a mild diuretic. Mild laxative, aids in weight loss. Anti inflammatory aid. 
Buy it at a tea shop for around $16.00 for 2 oz.

Evening: Bilberry Tea
Benefits include: Promotes weight loss by curbing late night cravings. High in Vitamin C. Balances blood sugars. 
Buy it at the grocery store for around $7.00/ box. 


Personally the changes I plan on making is the Pu erh tea in the morning and the White Tea at lunch time. I feel that these are easy changes that can help speed up my metabolism while promoting my digestive system to function more normally. Lets face it...after 40 your body needs help. I've done my weight and measurements and now ready to start. Wish me luck.  

Measurements:
Weight 148.4
Waist 31 in
Hips 41-1/2 in
Chest 32 in
Bust 35-1/2 in
Thigh 22 in
Size 8 


Disclaimer: I am not a dietitian, I am only relaying information I have found to be beneficial to me. Please consult a doctor before starting any health program. 

2 comments:

  1. this is a great and motivating way to get through the dreary month of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for BUYING great teas, but I rarely make them, I just buy them. For example, I have Aztec Sweet Chili, White Rose, Blueberry Breeze green tea, And Lavender Dream, which is a flowering tea. I'm a dyed in the wool coffee drinker, which I know isn't the greatest things for my bones.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.