Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

12K- Promise Ave....

Week 8 has not been the most productive. Might be losing my mojo and it is now affecting my diet too. After my hip injury a week and a half ago I have not been able to jog. I have tried to stay active with walks and yoga but without the jogging my mind has decided to fail me. For some odd reason not jogging has caused me to think I have stopped training all together giving my cravings power over my mind.....And even though I would love to promise you all that my eating habits will get back on track and I will take my training serious I don't think it is going to get any better. Today we leave for Longbeach and a few days of wine, fine dining with no type of exercise in site. Ok I take that back, does walking puppies along the beach count as exercise? How can I continue to live life to the fullest and lose weight? Is it even possible or do you have to commit to living a very bland life for a particular set of time to reach your goal?
So here are my promises that I can make.....

  • I will do some type of exercise 5 times a week whether it is a walk on the beach, hitting the treadmill, yoga, 10 minute trainer or getting out for a jog. Any kind of exercise is better than NONE.
  • I will eat smaller servings and monitor my sweet consumption. Especially on my mini break....I will enjoy the cuisine and wine but not go for seconds or finish my plate.
  • I won't be so hard on myself. If I slip up I wont think I am doomed for failure; instead I will bounce back and get on track.
  • After a great workout I will NOT overly treat myself. I'll buy small treats to keep at the house that won't affect my progress. 
~wish me luck

2 comments:

  1. Aww... good luck with your hip! I hope you get better! I love your blog btw! really interesting.. I'm a new follower! Check out my blog and follow if you like! xoxo jadina77

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say do pilates! It'll build muscle tone and be easy on your joints. Injuries are the most maddening thing. You'll do great, I know it!

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.