Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

12K - Off to the next level

I have officially finished my first training routine and can announce (very proudly) that I can jog the 25 minutes I set for myself. Now it is time to get my endurance up and start packing in miles. With a little over 4 weeks to go I have to amp up my training ...for one reason I don't want to cross the finish line last come race day. The next routine I'll be using is from Fitness magazine and it was designed to get you ready for a 1/2 marathon in 8 weeks but I'll be modifying it for my distance and time line.
Notice that 5 weeks into the schedule I'll be running 8 miles, perfect for the 12K and just in time.

Wish me luck and don't forget to stop by daily in March for healthy tips that will get you ready for summer.

7 comments:

  1. I am impressed lady! I so need to get my butt in gear... though I walk 7k everyday... It tough shaping up for a marathon!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I loved reading the plan. Honestly, training for a race is really overwhelming to me. Love this plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! I wish I were as focused and dedicated!
    Keep us posted!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Bella. I admire you. I'm trying to get better at yoga but could never do running.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantasitc, sweetie. You are doing so well and I'm so excited for you:) Muah

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.