Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

12K -2nd week success


Monday morning started my third week of training for the 12K in April. Do you know what that means? I am officially up to 3 minute runs. Last week I completed 4 sessions of 5 minute walks combined with 2 minute runs, I would do this combination at least 3 times during my workout. My hubby has been such a great help. He has been walking almost daily for the last 2 months and I was able to join him on his 1-1/2 hour outings. I still feel as if I will never get to my goal in such a short amount of time left; I only have 11 weeks to go and it will take me at least 8 weeks training to get in shape for a 5K (uh I’ll be short a good 7K) The only thing keeping me going during these early stages is knowing my sister is training hard (sure she has it in her head to beat me) and her funny motivating emails. Here is just a clip of her most recent email to me: 
It's nice to be reminded every now and then just how awesome we are! We can do anything when we actually put our mind to it. And.....we do it better than most people who've been doing it forever. We have only just decided to run a 12 k and look how good we are already doing. We haven't been training that long. As I was running today, I was reminded of how much we can do when we want to. Awwww, its nice to be the beautiful people!!
She seriously cracks me up.

7 comments:

  1. Wow good for you!!! I'm so impressed! And you're sister is awesome. That would certainly motivate me :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rooting for you! I'm so impressed! 12K? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - I know as long as I continue to post about my training I'll be determined to keep it up. Thanks for your support. My Sister is hilarious....she may have a slight ego, hmmmm hard to tell-haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! 12 k!? That's great, good luck! The most I have done is 5k... But would love to run a 10k!!!

    Mehreen

    http://www.thecurrentlyobsessed.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing ! The most I ran is 5k but would love to run more! Good luck!

    Mehreen
    http://www.thecurrentlyobsessed.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooo impressed!!!! Run Forest RUN!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW..I am super impressed, sweetie. Good luck and have a fantastic day. xo

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.