Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, January 30, 2012

12K -Back one step, forward two

Week 5 I realized just how far back the snow took me. The first day back into my usual training I was suppose to walk 2 minutes and jog 8 minutes but as soon as I started my jog I knew it just wasn't going to happen. I had my inspiration music on (Shut up by Black Eye Peas) telling myself to just shut the negative out and focus on the 8 minutes but my body had other plans. It stopped jogging just 3 minutes into the song. My knees were killing me ALREADY and I really didn't want to be there. After the 1.6 miles I felt disappointed and frustrated that I would never reach my goal. Two days later I decided that I needed to stop feeling bad for myself and get back to my training. So this time I put on my knee support, new slightly worn in shoes, and decided that I would at least run 4 minutes at a time. My hubby came out for support this time and it helped -( even though we have been married for over 20 years I don't want to look like a wimp in front of him) so it kept pushing me farther. But again after finishing my workout I felt that the 12K was just getting to frickin close and I would never make it....... until TODAY. Yes, today I felt renewed. It could of been the yoga class on Thursday to refocus me and breath out the negativity, maybe it was the talk I had with a co-worker that assured me I would be able to finish the race without embarrassing myself but whatever it was today I ran. Instead of being labored my breathing became unnoticeable (until I focused on it) and my legs got into a rhythm that seemed to carry me farther than I had gone before. I felt like I finally found my zone. I am not completely on track again from the week off but I made up a good amount of training this week and YES I was able to run the 8 minutes scheduled.
Always Believe in yourself!



6 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!1 12 K! Holy moley!!I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bravo!
    have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. u go girl - i'm SO proud of you! work it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I know 8 minutes does not sound like a lot but it really was a milestone for me. I have until April to work it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're beginning to get in a zone. Any chance that your husband might be a regular training partner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you, go you!!

    Well done for carrying on, even though you must have wanted to stop. I bet you'll be THRILLED once you've completed it - think how proud you'll be...and we will be so proud too!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Notice how your self thoughts will dictate what your body does?? Crazy huh? You're going to kick ASS on that 12k!!

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.