Printer friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

5 Things - recovery revealed.

For those who are new to my blog I started a series called 5 things. Basically the five things can be lessons learned or realization I made during the week before, a super great find, a laughable moment....well it could be just about anything. Too see my last few 5 things post go here. This last week has not been easy, I've learned.


  1. My family is very MESSY; didn't realize how much I picked up after them until I couldn't 
  2. Surgery recovery kind of sucks especially when you develope an infection.
  3. Needy cat and swollen belly is not a good combination.
  4. Never have I watched so much tv, Right now the top 21 sinful vegas hot spots is on...it was this or another infomercial. ( I can not buy one more kitchen chopper or floor mop, my hubby will kill me)
  5. Taking only 3 showers in a week makes you feel Very Attractive.
To be honest I am finally feeling a lot better. My surgery went well. It was a good decision to go for the full Hysterectomy as my results were positive and I would of ended up having to get it anyways. It is never easy deciding between a less invasive procedure or just going for it but this time it saved me from having to have two surgeries.  I was released last Tuesday and was walking around. On Friday things turned for the worse and by Monday I was calling my doctor and being prescribed a heavy antibiotic. No energy and a bit nauseated at time but feeling so much better. I have enjoyed the beautiful flowers being delivered and well wishes and extra sleep but can not wait to get back to normal.

7 comments:

  1. wishing you a speedy recovery from here on out! my c-section got infected, bleh, so i know kinda how you might be feeling. though of course not totally. hope your family is taking good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a speedy recovery! Maybe you can make crafts or do some other fun projects?
    Oh and my husband is the king of messy!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! infections are not ok. but it's a funny list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That completely SUCKS!! Glad you're feeling better. When you can't do anything, it's quite a realization to see all the stuff you do without even noticing it. Get better FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I sure hope you are feeling better!!! Being unable to get around is the WORST ever for a mommy!! Sending you good thoughts and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I sure hope you are feeling better! Having to be down for so long is just the worst for us mommies!!! Sending lots of prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all your thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to comment.